The 8th International Symposium on Adaptive Motion of Animals and Machines
Understanding mechanism for adaptive behavior of animals helps us realizing adaptive behavior of machines, and experimenting on machines to realize adaptive behavior helps us to find new view on biological systems. These two approaches are "two wheels of a cart" to understand the essence of adaptive intelligence. AMAM 2017 is the 8th international symposium dedicated on the interaction among researchers of such interdisciplinary field. They are covering neuromechanics, neurophysiology, biomechanics, robotics, brain science, and other field related to adaptive behavior of animals and machines. Previous symposia were held in Montreal, Canada (2000); Kyoto, Japan (2003); Ilmenau, Germany (2005); and Cleveland, USA (2008); Awaji, Japan(2011); Darmstadt, Germany(2013); Cambridge, USA(2015).
Abstract contributions are invited from all areas pertaining to adaptive motion in animals and machines. Accepted abstracts are presented in either oral or poster sessions based on assessed suitability by the program committee. Invited talks and some selected speakers will be presented in oral sessions in a single track. We also encourage participants to contribute hardware demonstrations, ‘Robot Zoo’@AMAM2017.
- Photos will be uploaded at here
- Information for participants was added. Registration desk will be opened at 11:30 on June 27 and at 8:15 on June 28. As the registration desk on the morning of June 28 is expected to be crowded, it is recommended that participants finish registration on June 27.
- Program and Symposium Venue was updated
- Special Session was update.
- Poster Session Instructions and Poster Session and Robot Demo Lists were updated.
- Plenary Talk Speakers info was updated.
|Feb. 10, 2017||Deadline of extended abstracts submission|
|Notification of acceptance for extended abstracts|
|Mar. 31, 2017||Deadline of submission for Robot Zoo(Robot Demo)|
|Jun. 27 - 30, 2017||Conference|